Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wells Fargo ATMs

One last quick anecdote from the hospital. By the third day in the hospital my appearance and smell was much closer to that of a homeless vagrant you might find attempting to sell you a newspaper downtown than the newly inspired proud father I had become. A trip home for a lengthy shower and shave (I neglected to pack shaving gear) was in order. Going home also had the added benefit of shielding my wife from the prison-worthy lunch offering the hospital would be serving her, so it was a win-win.

For some reason, the parking deck at Northside is cash only. So I swung by the Wells Fargo ATM in the atrium to get some walking around money to pay the attendant. The welcome screen on the ATM was just baffling to me. It was something along the lines of "Tell us about your ATM experience on Twitter @Wells Fargo!". Am I missing something? What kind of an experience could you possibly have at an ATM that would warrant comment on Twitter?

"@Wells Fargo, just requested and successfully received $40 out of your ATM at Northside Hospital. Thanks!"

"@Wells Fargo, thanks for the awesome stamps your machine on N Highland Rd dispenses."

The only noteworthy ATM experiences that come to mind are probably not what they're looking for.

"@Wells Fargo, just got pistol whipped at your Piedmont Rd ATM. Lost $200, my GPS, and a 12-pack of Budweiser out of my back seat."


UPDATE: Not surprisingly, it doesn't look like Wells Fargo has the whole social media thing down yet. They seem to scour Twitter and link to everyone who mentioned them. They might want to take a minute to scan those folks Twitter feeds. Look at the post I highlighted with the area. Good to know! (You have to click on the print screen image. ***Warning: R rated language, though I did block the word in question out.)

1 comment:

  1. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers.
    bank of america aba number

    ReplyDelete