Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An Important Warning for Users of Baby Monitors

Before this post goes any further, I want to get it on the record that I know the topic I'm about to cover has been more than fully addressed over the years and is fodder for lame comedy. Still, with as many warning labels as I've come across over the years, this one still just completely floored me. Also, I'm a new dad with limited time on my hands trying to keep my throngs of readers satiated, so work with me here.

Anyway, this past weekend I decided to go ahead and attempt to set up the video monitor for the nursery. I took it out of the box and noticed the sticker at the bottom left instructing me to remove the larger sticker with the picture of the generic baby from the screen before attempting to use the monitor.


That is fantastic. I can just picture it now:

"Hey hon, can you check the monitor and make sure our baby is okay?"

"Hang on...yep, looks like he's sleeping just fine."

"Oh, that's great."

"You know, it is weird, though, he's wearing a yellow outfit now instead of the red one we put him in."

Wife walking over and looking at the monitor: "That is weird, plus, didn't he used to be Asian?"


Honestly, I know we've lost our intellectual edge as a country and have been passed in scholastic aptitude by many a hungry and studious nation, but has it really come to this? Oh, and to any parents who actually needed this warning, just a heads up that when you buy picture frames the picture that is already in there is not actually of your family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, thanks for all the information. It has been very helpful.
    Angelcare Movement Sound & Video Monitor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just get your first SPAM post? You're somebody now!

    ReplyDelete