Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How I Spent My Weekend

I hope everyone had a great 4th weekend. Did you spend it at the lake cruising back streets in oversized golf carts drinking jello shots and Nuvo with your lady, then capping off the evening watching the entire fight card for UFC 116 with a crowd of lake locals? No? Just me?

French vodka, sparkling white wine, and passion fruit nectar- what's not to like?

(As an aside, you have to love that the drop down box to enter your age on the Nuvo site goes to 12/31/2008. I admire their responsibility in turning any 18-month old children away from their site attempting to read up on this tasty adult beverage.)

Well, it was a solid time despite the rather unusual itinerary. We actually did hang out by the lake for quite awhile before transitioning to the aforementioned nighttime plan. One of the locals had the Nuvo, which he selflessly shared with all the ladies, as well as a round of jello shots. As I mentioned, the main focus was UFC 116. I'll skip the recap, but it basically entailed fists and elbows slammed into faces, some uncomfortable looking submission holds, and a good bit of blood on the canvas. I did learn that they don't test for steroids in UFC, a fact obvious to anyone who takes a good look at the evening's champion Brock Lesnar.


1 comment: