Friday, July 16, 2010

A Note to All You IT Guys

If you are in the network engineering field or in IT more generally, please read this. I had a conference call with a couple of network engineers at my company yesterday. Without getting into specifics, their team rolled out a project a couple of months ago that triggered some unintended consequences for me and some vendors with which I work. They are now about to roll out phase two, and so they did me the courtesy of placing a call to discuss the status of their corrections for the first set of issues. Fantastic! Thanks for the kind gesture...or so I thought.

I have one thing I would like people in IT to realize- the rest of us don't know what in the hell you are talking about! After some brief introductions, they launched into the details of what had happened and what was in store for me when they rolled out phase two (which they were very excited about). I pulled my Post-It Note pad close and tried to capture the essence of the call. This is what I honestly ended up with...

"Great, thanks for the call, I think I've got it."

1 comment:

  1. 1FB is shorthand for a business line, typically of type POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service). Not sure about VSAT, but I do believe I know what WTF means.

    ReplyDelete