Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Behold the Power of the Blog!

Call it coincidence if you will, but I'm not buying it. On Monday, Murls posts a scathing piece ripping Burger King and Quiznos on this very website. A mere two days later, not only does it emerge that Burger King was a potential sale target after their stock price had declined in recent weeks, but the spokeswomen for one potential buyer made it clear that they have no interest at this point. The owners of Quiznos are no doubt in emergency crisis management sessions at this very moment.

I couldn't agree with the anti-BK sentiment more. In fact, I boycotted the place for at least two years in my younger days after they waited 20 minutes to tell me that they didn't have what I had ordered and paid for. That was on the heels of numerous other customer service offenses, which was finally enough to make me walk away from the Italian chicken sandwich of which I actually used to be quite fond. I wish I could blame a portion of my boycott on the cleanliness issue, but since at the time I routinely ordered food from an Athens Chinese establishment with a sticky floor which required significant effort to walk across and a health code rating of 73, that would be less than honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment