Sunday, June 27, 2010

Car Troubles

This past week while driving around town, my car let out its familiar ear-piercing beep alerting me to a new malfunctioning component. I crossed my fingers (well not really, I was driving at the time) hoping it was notification of a low wiper fluid level or perhaps a faulty brake light. Unfortunately, I also noticed that the ABS and Emergency Brake lights were on.



I knew that was likely a bad sign, but decided to peruse my handy Audi manual once I got back home to get the diagnosis straight from the manufacturer of this high-performance vehicle. After turning to the correct page, I got a nice synopsis of what I should expect to see from these indicator lights. Further, I was informed that I should give my local dealer a call when I had a chance. Got it. Now let me move on to the second bullet to see what I could be looking at here so that I might properly slot this situation on my to do list.


Okay. The back half of my car could break away from the front seat at any moment. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I shouldn't drive to lunch today if there are more than two of us.

2 comments:

  1. Poorly translated owners manuals and instruction booklets are a never ending source of hilarity. You found a great example. And thanks for the reminder that an Audi purchase may not be the best idea.

    ReplyDelete